New to bankruptcy? Take a moment to read the following.

Information for Debtors filing without an Attorney

The US court explains in depth the risks associated with filing independently.

Information Concerning Public Service Attorneys

Review your Chapter 13 Case

NOTICE: 13Network Update If you are a debtor seeking information about your Chapter 13 case we urge you to visit to set up your user ID and password. A link to the National Data Center is provided below.

Make your Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Payment


Incurring Debt/Selling Property

It may be possible for you to obtain a loan to make a purchase of an item that is both reasonable and necessary for you to perform your obligations under your chapter 13 plan. The most common example is to obtain a loan to replace or purchase a vehicle. You should consult with your attorney and with the proposed lender financing the item you are desiring to purchase to find out what documentation from the Court or the trustee might be required. In some cases it will be necessary for your attorney to file a formal motion with the court. In any case, you should submit a request to the office of the trustee using the “Loan Questionnaire” link below in order to determine if the trustee will approve or oppose your request. If the trustee opposes your request, you may still be able to get Court approval by filing a motion with the Court.


Loan Questionnaire


Contact Information

William E. Heitkamp, Chapter 13 Trustee

Office Phone: (713) 722-1200

Fax: (713) 722-1211

Payment Address

William E. Heitkamp, Chapter 13 Trustee

PO Box 740
Memphis, TN 38101-0740


Office Hours


Document Portal



515 Rusk St Houston, TX 77002


601 25th St, Galveston, TX 77550


1300 Victoria St Laredo, TX 78040


312 S Main St, Victoria, TX 77901